Because this blog is dedicated towards environmentally-friendly crafting, it seems fitting that I would be more inclined towards organic food-based recipes. However, as a broke, time-pressed college student, I’d figure I would post recipes that were more suited for a college lifestyle. One of my favorite discoveries of the year is mug recipes: single serving entrées that can be made and eaten from a mug. These are not just easy, they are efficient, and let’s be real – eating out of mugs is fucking cuddly. Just mix the ingredients together, pop in the microwave, and enjoy!
Here is one of the more refined options offered from the link above. I figured I’d deviate from displaying the mac ‘n cheese option (as if the Buzzfeed link didn’t already exemplify my college lifestyle enough).
Coffee Cup Quiche:
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Ground black pepper
- 1/4 of a bagel (or similar amount of French bread, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons cream cheese
- 1/2 slice prosciutto or ham
- Fresh thyme leaves or fresh chopped chives
- Dijon mustard
- Beat milk and egg together in a mug; add salt and pepper for taste
- Tear bread into pieces and stir in
- Stir in cream cheese
- Tear prosciutto into pieces and stir in
- Sprinkle with thyme
- Microwave on high for approximately 1 minute, or until done
- Garnish with mustard and thyme
If you are looking to satisfy a sweet craving, the previous link or this page both provide a number of delicious microwavable desserts.